Removing references to multimedia

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mbolsinga
    Member
    • Oct 2020
    • 3

    #1

    Removing references to multimedia

    Is there a way to bulk remove multimedia from my family file? I have referenced way too many photos haphazardly in Reunion.

    I've decided I want to clean up the multimedia - I would like to get to only headshots of individuals, and keep all the other photos elsewhere, separate from Reunion.

    If I just delete the images from the folders, that will cause Reunion to think there are more missing files. I want to find a way to remove all the extra photos as they are referenced to individuals or family groups. I could do this piece meal, but am hoping for a more streamlined method.

    Any recommendations?
  • theKiwi
    Member
    • Mar 2005
    • 687

    #2
    Take a look at the File menu in Reunion ------> Export ------> Reunion file

    You get this screen

    image.png​

    Choose All People, All Sources and Preferred pictures only.

    That should do what you want.

    Roger
    Roger Moffat
    http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
    http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

    Comment

    • mbolsinga
      Member
      • Oct 2020
      • 3

      #3
      So it sounds like this will export the preferred pictures. But I don't want to export; I want to remove photos. I don't think Export will delete or remove anything.

      Am I misunderstanding?

      Comment

      • theKiwi
        Member
        • Mar 2005
        • 687

        #4
        I figured that "headshots" that you wanted to keep would be already set as Preferred Picture.

        If you don't want that choose All People, All Sources and No Media.

        Run that export and then look at the newly exported file and see what is in it.

        Roger
        Roger Moffat
        http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
        http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

        Comment

        Working...