R13 won't open after update install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R13 won't open after update install.

Just downloaded a maintenance update for R13, installed it and now the application quits while opening. Restarted the Mac (Sierra 10.12.6) and still “unexpectantly quit.”
    Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Krillian View Post
    Just downloaded a maintenance update for R13, installed it and now the application quits while opening. Restarted the Mac (Sierra 10.12.6) and still "unexpectantly quit."
    Any suggestions?
    Please confirm the build number of Reunion 13. Since there is a problem in opening Reunion 13, this can be done by opening your Finder and control-clicking (right-clicking) on Reunion 13. Then, select "Get Info" from the menu that drops down. Let us know the Date Created for the version you have.

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

"13.0 Copyright 2023 Leister Productions Inc."
      There was a build number listed before I installed the update...a "2208...." something.

Comment

Clicking the app gives no response...Get Info just gives the information shown above.

Comment

image.png This is what shows...

Comment

After trashing the R13 in the Application folder and replacing it with a copy from 240419's Time Machines backup everything appears to be working normally.
            For the record, here's the info from "about Reunion" which did not show after last nights upgrade (which I'm not going to install): 13.0 (build 221018).

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I'm happy to hear the problem was resolved with an earlier build of Reunion 13. Alternatively, if Reunion 13 is downloaded from here...

...the version downloaded should be compatible with macOS Sierra.

To confirm this on your Mac, try downloading and opening the Reunion-13.dmg file. Then, drag the Reunion 13 icon in that Installing Reunion 13 window onto your Desktop and open it from that location. Then, if it does work as it should, quit Reunion 13 and drag the Reunion 13 app into your Applications folder, allowing it to replace the older build of Reunion 13.
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks for the link but, for now, R13 is working fine so I'll leave it alone. I'll be upgrading to Reunion 14 in the near future so at that point the issue will be moot.
                Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I just tried installing this latest 4/2024 update to Reunion 13 and had the same experience. In my case, I am still running Mac OS Yosemite, 10.10.5, because I have some other apps that will not run on more recent versions of Mac OS. I suspect that there is some incompatibility of this update code that will not run with Yosemite. I restored Reunion 13, build from 2022, from Time Machine, and everything is again working. Not worth pursuing getting this 4/2024 update to run. The version of Reunion I have works for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X