Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to include spouses with generating a "Relatives" view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to include spouses with generating a "Relatives" view?

I wanted to build a list to research obituaries on newspaper microfilm at a state historical society. I set "Relatives" to myself, then marked all those people. Then I did a "Find" on all people that died in that state that were marked in the file. I created a new Flag for these people. The problem is that it does not include their spouse. Is there a way to include their spouses in the "Find"? Or do I have to manually mark the spouse?

Thanks,
    John

Mark those people with the flag.
    Do an Advanced Find with Spouses># of Marked Spouses Not Equal to 0

Comment

I did that Find. It eliminated all my relatives on the list that did not have a spouse. That is helpful, since I can call up each one and manually flag the spouse in the group. I was hoping there was a way that when I had Reunion find all my "Relatives" that I could have the option to include their spouse, so I could have them on a list to try and find an obituary for my relative and their spouse.

Comment

If you're using the Relatives Sidebar (or List window) to mark the relatives, click on the gear icon at the bottom of the list and check the "Spouses" button, then click "Update."
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks !! I use the Relatives Sidebar feature often, but never knew that there were additional options located at the bottom in the gear icon. Very helpful !! Thanks !

Comment

Working...
          X