Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to stop Reunion searching for photos when you are doing a clean up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to stop Reunion searching for photos when you are doing a clean up?

I had major computer issues this year when my system was hacked. I've eventually been able to reconstruct most of the data/photos, but in the process a number of photos ended up with scrambled document types. Some showed up as alias' and some got changed to .mov from either .jpg or .png. Now every time I happen to try to clean up and delete the bad item, Reunion starts searching for the original and just spins until I have to Force Quit. There should be some way to stop the search while I clean up all the bad files. I have about 500 photos that need replacing.

Originally posted by LyndaCook View Post
    ...There should be some way to stop the search while I clean up all the bad files. I have about 500 photos that need replacing.
    Hmm...
    Try opening the family file and turning off the option to show preferred pictures on the family view for Children, Couple, and Parents. This is done in the Reunion -> Settings / Family View panel...
    Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 2.09.33 PM.png
    ...by unchecking the "Show preferred pictures..." checkbox in each of those three panels.

I hope you find this helpful in stopping Reunion from searching automatically as you are working on cleaning things up
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X