Marking all relatives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marking all relatives...

Hello-I want to mark all the relatives that belong to cousins of my different lines. For instance I want to add a Flag to all the relatives of my cousin Sharon. I selected her as Source and then selected all her relatives. From there I went to the Flags and selected the Flag for her (DNA/Family-Sharon) and Set the flag for all the marked family. But when I went to check it to see if it did what I thought it should do, it left out all sorts of cousins. I want to mark all her relatives and by having her as the source and going to Find Relatives, that apparently doesn't find all of them. Any ideas? Thank you!
    2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

SOLVED. Figured it.

Comment

What was the problem? I’m just about to do the same/something similar so that, for instance, I can see all the dna matches to one cousin. St the moment I can only find them by creating a descendant report.

Comment

The way that I did this little project at first didn't bring up all of cousins for cousin Sharon. So I did some more playing around and found what worked for me: I find the Source person I want to target, next I go to Mark Group and Select All Relatives for that Source person. Next I go t the Change option and go to Set Flags option and selected the flag I wanted and check the little round circle for the marked people. After that is done I go to the Mark Group and unmark everyone. Maybe the way I did it is not the quickest way but it worked for me. If you need me to explain a detail, just ask!

Comment

Thank you for that. I’m away from home for a few days but will try it when I get back. Fingers crossed!

Comment

I just a message away....

Comment

Hi. So I followed your instructions but I can't see the bit where I 'check the little round circle for the marked people' ?? Also, from the right hand side bar of people, I have over 5,500 marked and flagged people. I can't see a way of going through all those .. I've chosen a DNA flag, but I can't see it unless I open the edit page for someone. Is that how it should work? I'm just wondering if it would be easier to give them a suffix before I import them. I wonder how that would look?

Comment

Here is a screenshot of the marked people.... At the top of that same page is where you would choose the DNA flag you created. Hope this helps, if not, post back.
                Attached Files

Comment

Sorry.. I was being dim! Yes, I did that then unmarked people but how do you see the people you've flagged? I can't see a filter for that.

Comment

Go to Find…
                    Advanced Find…
                    Conditions…
                    Select the flag you want to see and that list should appear on the right.

I have found that once I set the flag for a group of people and have unmarked them, I don’t see immediately the ones I just set a flag for… I have to get out of that window and I just bring up the list of all my ancestors starting with Aaron (that is the first surname in my list). Then type in the DNA name you just flagged and it should be flagged like you wanted.​​

Comment

Working...
                    X