"Wills & Testaments" and "Inventories".

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James Milne
    Member
    • Mar 2017
    • 72

    #1

    "Wills & Testaments" and "Inventories".

    Some time ago I downloaded several Wills & Testaments and also Inventories from the ScotlandsPeople web site. They make interesting reading. At the moment they are just sitting forlornly in a folder along with other family history files. I would like to add then to Reunion and I am hoping for some suggestions as to the best solution.
    Should I add them as a source?, add them as a fact?, add them as a specific note?, add them into the Misc Notes?, add the multimedia file?, transcribe the documents and add the transcriptions?
    How do/would you handle this situation. Thank you for any advice on how best to proceed.


    James L. Milne
    Click here to email me
  • eventide
    Member
    • Sep 2005
    • 282

    #2
    If it were me, I would do all those things. Make it a source. Then enter relevant the facts/events that you found within the documents and associate the source with each fact. You may also want to add notes to it that may not conform to the event/facts structure or transcriptions and source those as well. I would also add the images or PDF to the multimedia window for the person the documents pertain to.

    Comment

    • Michael Talibard
      Member
      • Nov 2006
      • 362

      #3
      I agree with Eventide.

      Comment

      Working...