Problem with removing images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with removing images

I am consulting an old Reunion Family file with about 7,000 entries. Many of these records have images pasted into them. I no longer have access to the original images. When I enter Tree View on this file there is always a long pause while Reunion searches for images which of course it can't find. It's really quite frustrating to have to wait one or two minutes each time I change levels in Tree View. Is there some way I can address this? I can't restore the images as I don't have them, and the thought of locating and deleting thousands of images one at a time does not really appeal to me! Any suggestions?

Originally posted by meayrs View Post
    ...the thought of locating and deleting thousands of images one at a time does not really appeal to me! Any suggestions?
    Yes. Try "exporting" a Reunion family file without multimedia links. This is done by opening your family file and choosing File -> Export -> Reunion Family File. When you see this window...
    Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 11.10.03 AM.png

...select All people, All sources, No multimedia, and Logs (if you made use of them). After exporting/saving that exported file, begin using it from now on.

I hope you find this information helpful

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Deb - as a follow-up question and just out of interest: Suppose the existing Reunion file has some images associated with it which you would like to save/re-use, and some are missing. If choosing the Export / Import route with multimedia - does Reunion omit missing file records or does it still export missing file records? With or without 'Copy multimedia files to a new folder'?
      --
      Eric Van Beest
      Spring, TX

Researching: Van Beest, Feijen, Van Herk

Comment

Originally posted by eric.vanbeest View Post
        Deb - as a follow-up question and just out of interest: Suppose the existing Reunion file has some images associated with it which you would like to save/re-use, and some are missing. If choosing the Export / Import route with multimedia - does Reunion omit missing file records or does it still export missing file records? With or without 'Copy multimedia files to a new folder'?
        As long as the option to export "All multimedia" is selected, the "links" to even those broken items will be included in the exported family file using Reunion's Export -> Reunion Family File feature.

Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X