Conflicting Family Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conflicting Family Files

When I tried to open my tree yesterday, I got the attached notice. I went to Finder to try to determine what had happened but only found one file - in my Dropbox Folder. I am concerned about deleting one of the files in the message box as I don't know where one of them is being stored. Fifty fifty chance I pick the wrong one. I did update Dropbox the day prior to the message occurring. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.08.50 AM.png

Does the problem persist after doing a restart of your laptop? That would be my first action.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

If you click either one, does it say, at bottom of window, the path to that family file?
      Barring that, you could !) put one of them in the trash & then open the other. If all is well, you know the culprit. Or 2) Open the Dropbox folder and slightly change the name of that family file; then delete the other family file.
      If you do not know the location of the 'extra' file, Spotlight search (top bar on your screen) or EasyFind (free) will fine both and show you the path.
      rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by Roberta Martin View Post
        When I tried to open my tree yesterday, I got the attached notice. I went to Finder to try to determine what had happened but only found one file - in my Dropbox Folder. I am concerned about deleting one of the files in the message box as I don't know where one of them is being stored. Fifty fifty chance I pick the wrong one. I did update Dropbox the day prior to the message occurring. Any suggestions?
        When you get this message, and the information is the same for both files, you should "Keep" the first file and everything will be fine again.

In case you're curious as to why you are seeing this message, both versions of your family file data are located inside your "My Family File 13" family file. (I.e., a Reunion 13 family file is actually a package containing multiple files.) This duplication happens when Dropbox thinks it has run into a conflict on the same file.

I hope you find this helpful in moving forward
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank You!!!

Comment

Working...
          X