Book format in Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book format in Reports

I am using Reunion 13. Once a book format is created, is there a way to edit it?

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
    I am using Reunion 13. Once a book format is created, is there a way to edit it?
    What types of changes were you wanting to make? And, are you wanting to make them in the "Book Project" window or in the resulting PDF book?

If you would like to make some changes in the "Book Project" window, you may do so using Reunion. (I.e., the "Book Project" file has the extension "reunionbook.") Information about how to make changes in the "Book Project" window can be found in the manual by searching for "edit book." To access the manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Contents.

However, once you click the "Create and Open PDF Book..." button and save it as a PDF file, the resulting PDF book can only be edited in a PDF editor.

I hope you find this information helpful in doing what you are wanting
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I don’t know anything about doing a book in Reunion. I just would like to make changes (if I find any errors) when going through my report. One thing I would like to be able to do is to insert photos in the book report where I want them. I don’t necessarily want them stored as multimedia in Reunion.

Comment

I don't know anything about doing a book in Reunion.
        Information about creating books in Reunion can be found in your manual by searching for "create book." To access the manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Contents.

I just would like to make changes (if I find any errors) when going through my report.
        Any errors found in the report would have to be made within the family file. And, afterward, you would "update" the book by clicking the "update" button in the Book Project window. I.e., this could not be done in the PDF version of the book, only in the Book Project window prior to creating the PDF book. This information can be found in the manual by searching for "update book."

One thing I would like to be able to do is to insert photos in the book report where I want them. I don't necessarily want them stored as multimedia in Reunion.
        Regarding inserting photos within the body of the report, this can be done if the photo fits within the available empty space on that page. Otherwise, you would need to add an empty page and put the photos on it. Additional information about either of these processes can be found in the manual by searching for "add object book" or "add custom section," respectively.

I hope this information is helpful in answering your question
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Great information, Deb (even for those of us who didn't ask the question). Thanks for all your hard work.
          Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Comment

I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought. In doing Family history reports (for example) with Pages, I can format anything I want to. For example, I have obituaries in the family file that I use in Family history reports, and I can format the obituaries like I want to. I can see no way to format the obituaries in the Book format. So, I will just proceed to use the traditional Family history reports.

Comment

Working...
            X