Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preferences folders

Hi,
    Im trying to change the standard folder to an other location but Reunion won't keep the changes I make.
    I changed the folder for my familyfile to "SynologyDrive/Vrije tijd/Genealogie/Reunion files" to replace the standard folder "Documents/Reunion Files" but Reunion won't save my new choice.
    Am I doing something wrong?

I am using the Dutch version but I also tried the English version with te same result.

Screenshot of Reunion (20-10-2022, 22-56-03).png
    Jan Mesenig
    MacBook Pro (intel i7)
    macOS Monterey V12.6
    Reunion 13.0 (221018)

Try putting your new location in the Andere folder and checking that. Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 6.02.30 AM.png

Comment

Thanks for your response.
      I tried both options but they react the same way: the new folder isn’t saved.
      Jan Mesenig
      MacBook Pro (intel i7)
      macOS Monterey V12.6
      Reunion 13.0 (221018)

Comment

Might be this has to do with the referral to ~/SynologyDrive/ (suppose this is a NAS with an IP address ?, so not a physical volume/drive ? ?)
        Just for testing: when you try the same procedure with a USB stick ?
        Work also with Montery 12.6 and R13 build 221018
        Attached Files
        Last edited by fjvanbodegom; 21 October 2022, 10:10 AM. Reason: If the test (with an USB stick) does not work, might be the Prefs are corrupt (but this is unlikely)
        Frans van Bodegom
        Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

It indeed is a NAS with an IP address. Tried to select an USB stick and an external HD but unfortunately with the same result.
          Jan Mesenig
          MacBook Pro (intel i7)
          macOS Monterey V12.6
          Reunion 13.0 (221018)

Comment

When it is not possible to change to another folder (see my screendump), then perhaps the Prefs (in the User Librarary) are not okay.
            Tested this again on my iMac and also my (old) MacBookPro, works okay.
            There is a special plist: Reunion 13 Folder Preferences
            Last edited by fjvanbodegom; 21 October 2022, 11:15 AM. Reason: Found this tot: https://www.macfreak.nl/netwerken-en-communicatie/inloggen-op-synology-lukt-niet//
            Frans van Bodegom
            Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Thanks for your response.

I found the folder preferences file: "Reunion 13 Preferences" in "~/Users/..<user>../Library/Preferences/Reunion Preferences/Reunion 13 Folder Preferences" .however it is not a .plist file. The content is not really clear to me. What is the best next step? Delete the file?
              <edit>
              I copied the file and deleted the content of the original file and it works!! I now can change the preferred folder.

Thanks for your help!
              Last edited by Jan Mesenig; 21 October 2022, 02:14 PM.
              Jan Mesenig
              MacBook Pro (intel i7)
              macOS Monterey V12.6
              Reunion 13.0 (221018)

Comment

Working...
              X