X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos: consolidating them and changing the relative path

Hi folks,

I need some help here.

1) I have >500 missing files under Reports > Multimedia Usage. It seems that it's because about 6 directories up, I renamed that directory. So the first question is, is there a bulk way to fix all those?

2) A smaller number of photos are not missing, but are in a folder that is temporary and should be deleted. Short of fixing all those by hand, is there a way to "move" them within Reunion in a way that updates the database as well?

3) In general, do references to photos have to be absolute paths (including tilde)? This lengthy path is really the cause of the problem in (1). Could the path just be RELATIVE to the family file? That would be much more streamline and, more importantly, less prone to breaking if I move things around.

Thoughts??

Thanks!

Dave
    Dave Kitabjian

Have you tried the Repair Multimedia Links task?

As far as path goes, they need to be static e.g. unchanging. Not sure about the tilde; the app coder might be using that to shorten the presentation in the dialog box. Just an educated guess.

My recommendation is to put all of the photos in one place without a big complicated nest of folders within folders... just one pot! I use the Reunion Pictures folder in the Reunion Files folder. And never connect multimedia items to the Photos library. (Apple has a tendency to revise its internal structure a bit too often.) If you do a bit of searching on this forum, you will find lots of discussions about this very subject.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
    X