Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove a father and include only a mother with the descendants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I remove a father and include only a mother with the descendants?

Hi,
    Could someone send me simply the URL so I could create a new topic and post on the Reunion 13 forum? I'm logged in but I can only post to existing queries.

And if you want to know my topic: How do I remove a father and include only a mother with the descendants? The father has other descendants. The mother was once included as his spouse, but I've successfully edited her away from spousehood with him. But when I try to add the mother as the mother of the line of descendants, the software picks up this father as her spouse.

TIA

Originally posted by Zounds View Post
    Could someone send me simply the URL so I could create a new topic and post on the Reunion 13 forum? I'm logged in but I can only post to existing queries.
    To create a new post/topic, first open the forum you want to post in (e.g. Reunion 13), then click the New Topic button at top-left of the list of topics. I've gone ahead and split this out into it's own topic.

How do I remove a father and include only a mother with the descendants? The father has other descendants. The mother was once included as his spouse, but I've successfully edited her away from spousehood with him. But when I try to add the mother as the mother of the line of descendants, the software picks up this father as her spouse.
    Instead of trying to add the mother to the descendants, try adding the descendants to the mother. Go to the mother in the Family View, then drag the appropriate children from the People sidebar to the Children portion of the view.

If the children are linked to another parent (e.g. still linked to the father), you will get a message to either Move or Duplicate them. The former will remove them from the father and add them to the mother, the latter will result in them being linked to both. Any descendants of the children should come along with the children.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X