Finding sources used by a group of individuals

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RWells
    replied
    Thanks Deb worked perfect.

    Leave a comment:


  • Deb
    replied
    Originally posted by RWells View Post
    I am trying to find all of the sources used by a group of people. I want to find all of the sources for all individuals with the last name of Wells.

    Any suggestions on how to do this?

    Roger
    Yes. Please follow these steps...

    1. Choose Find > Advanced Find from the navbar on the left...

    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.51.07 AM.png

    2. In the Advanced Find panel, click on the People tab (at the top) and select these Conditions...

    Name > Last Name ... Is ... wells

    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.53.14 AM.png

    3. Click Find.

    4. At the bottom of the Results sidebar (which appears on the right), click on the Mark menu button (the green checkmark) and select the option to "Unmark Everybody in Family File, then Mark Everybody in List" from the Marking Shortcuts popup that opens...

    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.53.31 AM.png

    5. Next, select Lists > Citations from the navbar on the left...

    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.51.32 AM.png

    6. In the List - Citations window that opens, select "Who: Marked people" and "Include: All sources" from the menus at the top...

    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.55.20 AM.png

    The resulting list should include all people with the last name of Wells who have sources linked to them.

    I hope you find this information helpful

    Leave a comment:


  • RWells
    started a topic Finding sources used by a group of individuals

    Finding sources used by a group of individuals

    I am trying to find all of the sources used by a group of people. I want to find all of the sources for all individuals with the last name of Wells.

    Any suggestions on how to do this?

    Roger
Working...