Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

I want to completely delete Reunion, what do I have to do besides just delete the app? I want to start all over again with Reunion. I don't want the NEW install to see anything from the old install.

A few thoughts

1. If you just want to start over with your family tree, you don't need to delete/uninstall the application. Just start a new family using File --> New Family File. Give it a new (recognizable) name, then delete any old family files you no longer want.

2. If you really do want to delete/uninstall the application, in Finder, open the Applications Folder and delete Reunion 13.app

3. If for some unusual reason, you don't think that will solve your problem, try using a third-party uninstaller app. I find the free AppCleaner works well. Learn about it at https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/
    Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Comment

I agree with KirkS, but suggest the free app: EasyFind to get small fragments. Plug in Reunion and Leister. You can delete from there. HOWEVER...all is exposed and you need to be careful what you delete.
      rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

A list of everything that Reunion installed can be found by opening the manual (Help -> Contents) and searching "install" (no quotes). The first result should be What Gets Installed?

If you want to completely delete everything related to Reunion, that list will tell you what needs to be deleted. However, as KirkS said, if you just want to start over with your family file, all you need to do is create a new, empty family file and delete the old file(s).

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X