Child showing two spouses her parents and her spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child showing two spouses her parents and her spouse

I am trying to resolve the above problem. My ancestor has two spouses listed in the drop down box. Her correct spouse and her father. when I click on her father to delete, I am taken to the parents site . If I click on the daughter involved from the parents site, she is not highlighted and goes nowhere. The ancestor/daughter and her husband site is the one that shows both her husband and her father as spouses. Hope this makes sense. In other words, I need to delete the father as a spouse of the daughter. Thank you, Dian

Hi Dian,

Please try the following:

1 - Navigate to the woman who has her father as her spouse in the Family View.

2 - Control+Click (hold down Control and click) on her person button (the button with her name in it), then go to the Spouses & Children submenu of the menu that opens.

3 - Select Edit Spouses... from that submenu, and you should get a window listing the spouses.

4 - In that window, click once on her father in the list and click Remove Spouse, then Delete Family Record.

Let us know if that doesn't fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Mark. I followed your suggestion. It did delete the father and family as her spouse. It also disconnected her from her parent's family. I'm almost afraid to connect her as a child again! Thanks for any input.

Comment

Originally posted by Jodian View Post
        It also disconnected her from her parent's family.
        Hm, those steps shouldn't have removed her as a child of her parents -- not sure what happened there.

In any case, if you go to her parents and drag her entry from the People sidebar to the Children portion of the Family View, that should re-add her as a child of her parents.

​​​​​​​HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X