Get listing of all multimedia not used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get listing of all multimedia not used

After a series of stupid blunders by me. I've ended up with a multimedia folder that contains about 8000 multimedia files. Not all of those are used in my Reunion Family Tree. I want of pull out from my multimedia folder all the files not used in my Tree. Is there anyway to produce a list of all multimedia in that folder (easy) but sorts by, or checks by, all of those files NOT used in my Tree? (I can't see anyway of doing that).
    Last edited by cponeill; 23 May 2022, 10:55 AM.

I cannot think of a way to do exactly what you are wanting. However, the end result can be accomplished by doing this...

Get a listing of files linked to people in your family file using Reunion's Multimedia Usage Report, sort it by file name, and compare it to a listing of the files in your multimedia folder (which is sorted by file name). Then, remove the unused files from your multimedia folder.

To access the Multimedia Usage Report, open your family file and choose Reports > Multimedia Usage. (If you are prompted to build the report, click the "Build..." button.) Then, select "All Files" from the Show menu at the top. To sort by file name, click on the File Name header.

I hope you find this information helpful in moving forward
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks Deb -

That's what I was afraid of - comparing a list of 4000 multimedia with a list of 8000. Ugh. But thanks for your response.

Comment

I'm just guessing here -- would it work the other way. Move all 8000 files to a new-temporary directory.
        Then generate a list of missing files and move those back out of temporary directory.

I'm just guessing here. I have hardly any media in my database.
        Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Comment

Working...
        X