Zip File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zip File

Hi I did a zip file to put on a new computer and when I went to extract the file it open as a folder instead of a family file can not seen any extra detail

Susan

Do it again, or use a thumb drive to transfer. Another option is to send the file to yourself with either email or a large file transfer site like WeTransfer. IMHO, any of the o;ptiopns would be better than zipping a family file.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Thank S Gilbert I try that option

Comment

Originally posted by suem View Post
        Hi I did a zip file to put on a new computer and when I went to extract the file it open as a folder instead of a family file can not seen any extra detail

Susan
        Standard procedure for zipping is to put the files in a folder and the zip the folder. That is the basic design of zipping on all platforms.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thanks Bob White

Comment

You should also make sure you've installed Reunion 13 on the new Mac before transferring the file. If Reunion 13 is not installed, the family file will not be properly recognized by macOS and you won't be able to open it.

HTH
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I do have Reunion 13 installed on my new mac as well as Reunion 12

Comment

Working...
              X