Attaching media files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching media files

Okay, I may be missing something. I successfully imported my RM8 gedcom to Reunion 13, relinked media files, created thumbnails. I have oodles of sources that came over and trying to reduce numbers. I started with my Find A Grave citations, merging Sources that came over in gedcom to my newly created Find A Grave Source.

I've attached a screenshot where you can see the cemetery stone as main picture. That is good, as my practice has been to add that photo when I do not have a person photo and I would also have the photo attached to the Burial Event.

I can see 2 Burial Sources - my newly created 25 - FaG and 44388, which tells me media is linked to the burial fact. I believe this link was created from my gedcom import. How do I attach media to my newly created FaG source? And once I successfully attach photo to burial, would the second column that has the media icon have a check mark or some other indication that media file is attached? Once I can verify success, I will delete the 44388 entry as it is from the gedcom, not Reunion 13.

I've also added details to the #25 Source - FaG #, creator of memorial and photographer of stone. Is this the best place to add this information? I also have collected dates when memorial created and photo added - thinking of adding that info here too. Thoughts?

I'm still testing how to do things in Reunion13. but whatever discovered here will help me as I work through Birth, Marriage, Death, Residence (Census) Events - all have documents attached from gedcom.

Hope I'm looking at this properly, if not, would appreciate your feedback and guidance.

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 1.35.41 PM.png

To add multimedia to an existing source, double-click the source to open it, go to the Multimedia section, click the "+" icon and add your file.
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

WOW, that was simple. Thank you so much.

I'm going to try inserting my additional information in the free-form text section of the Source versus in the Detail and see how that prints in reports, so forth.

I've gotten a bit more confidence working with my imported records (I have over 33K people in my database). I've put together a To-Do list to map a systematic approach. It'll take a bit of time but I believe this was a good decision, working in Reunion for 5 days now and no crashes - in RM8 I would have had 50+. Puts the joy back into researching family lines.

So appreciate your assistance.

Comment

Working...
      X