Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iCloud and dropbox question

iCloud and dropbox question

My question to the community is this: Can I keep my support files in iCloud and can I create alias's of the files to put in Dropbox? The support files are sources such as birth records, death records, federal and state census' and other items.

Dropbox charges much more for space than Apple since my files most likely will never reach more than 20 gigs of space. The basic paid plan for Dropbox is $9.99 per month for 2 terabytes. That is almost 10 times the cost of my iCloud account. Yes it gives me much more space but it would be wasted space.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

You do not need to keep aliases of the files in Dropbox. If you are using several Macs (rather than iPhone, iPad etc which will not use your support files anyway), then so long as your file layout on each device is the same, keep the main familyfile in Dropbox and everything else can be synced by iCloud.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I forgot mobile devices don’t use the file at full resolution. It will be a little more work for me to keep the files up to date on my two machines but a small cost for reducing my use of Dropbox.

Comment

Working...
      X