printing multimedia usage reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

printing multimedia usage reports

Asked this question in January 2020. Never got an answer.

How do I print the multimedia usage report - or - failing that - how do I keep that report open simultaneously with the Family View (I want to find, in the Family View, the multimedia item listed in the multimedia report and unlink the file).
    Last edited by cponeill; 26 April 2022, 10:21 AM.

Originally posted by cponeill View Post
    How do I print the multimedia usage report
    To print the Multimedia Usage Report, click the blue share button...

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.22.17 AM.png

...along the bottom of the Reunion window when the report is open. Then, select your word processor from the Destination menu. Finally, open it in your word processor and print it from there.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks Deb,

I had printed a screen shot of a couple of sections of the report - I was hoping to be able to right click and "Print." Nope. The screen shot is in tiny print and all red italic - ugh. Or - I was hoping to at least be able to keep the multimedia usage report open while I traversed back and forth between it and the Family View - while I unlinked lost files and replaced them with ones that were "Found." Now I have to go to Family View do my unlinking and relinking with new files, and then go back and often recreate the multimedia usage report again.

I have 139 lost multimedia files which - among many other things - is causing me great problems when I try to upload my tree with about 7000 multimedia files into Ancestry via FTM. Most of those files were sent to the trash earlier on - but Reunion still maintains a link to them in the trash - even after the trash has been emptied. I thought trashing them would break the link in the Family View - no such luck. Well, at least I'm learning. The links are still maintained even after the trash is emptied.

Comment

One last question. Why does the multimedia usage report still show files missing that are not referenced in my Tree anywhere. They have been unlinked and trashed -and the trash emptied - but they still show up as lost linked files.

I guess maybe after I close the tree file and reopen it, the lost media files will no longer show up as lost?
        Last edited by cponeill; 26 April 2022, 01:49 PM.

Comment

The links are still maintained even after the trash is emptied.
          Most likely, Reunion is actually seeing another copy of that picture on your computer.

One last question. Why does the multimedia usage report still show files missing that are not referenced in my Tree anywhere. They have been unlinked and trashed -and the trash emptied - but they still show up as lost linked files.

I guess maybe after I close the tree file and reopen it, the lost media files will no longer show up as lost?
          You could try doing so. However, if problems continue, send a copy of a newly rebuilt Multimedia Usage Report created by using the Share button (as explained previously). The report can be sent to me at via email.

Thanks
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X