Duplicate check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate check

is there a way to check for duplicates, that I entered before I turned the duplicate check on?

It is possible to search for duplicates by choosing File -> Match and Merge People. Then, for the search criteria, select...
    Find matches for...Everybody
    Compare with...Everybody
    What to check for a match...Unique ID

Then, click the Find Matches button.

If no matches are found when checking for Unique ID, select Names & Dates.

I highly recommend backing up your family file prior to doing any merges and that you read the manual section "Match & Merge People" before using this feature. To access it in the manual, choose Help -> Contents and search for "match merge."

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. I was just looking for this topic!

Comment

I am finding match and merge does not give me the kind of control I wish to have. (A warning to back up my file is not comforting, because the results aren't acceptable or I'd have to restore an earlier version, so no net utility.) I'd prefer to be able to mark duplicates and then compare them again. How can I find duplicates or to simply mark duplicates found with the match and merge. Marking duplicates would give me an option to merge outside of my current family file by exporting a subset of duplicates, merging them, and if satisfied, I could delete the marked families, and import my merged subset of families.

Comment

Working...
        X