Family View, Smart List, Residence

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Deigan
    Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 89

    #1

    Family View, Smart List, Residence

    I have a Family View that shows Smart Lists, Events, Facts
    I have entered multiple "Residence" Events for People

    In the Family View definition I have selected "Smart List Events" to display
    That field then shows all of the Residences, excluding the FIRST one (i.e. Residence 2 thru 15 are displayed)

    I then have to also add "Reside" field, which ONLY shows the first Residence.

    There does not appear to be any difference between Residence 1 and the others. It is not a chronological distinction, it is how they are ordered in my Events List.

    What I want is simply a list of all the Residences in one place, but my real questions is WHY does it work this way ? am I missing something ?

    Attached Files
  • Mark
    Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 1370

    #2
    Originally posted by Mike Deigan View Post
    That field then shows all of the Residences, excluding the FIRST one (i.e. Residence 2 thru 15 are displayed)
    The Smart List will show fields that aren't showing elsewhere in the view. Since you have a Residence field showing the first Residence, it won't be listed in the Smart List. If you remove the separate Residence field, the Smart List should show all of the Residence events.

    If removing the separate Residence entry from the view doesn't result in the first Residence showing in the Smart List, let us know.

    I then have to also add "Reside" field, which ONLY shows the first Residence.
    This is normal -- only the first occurrence of an event will show here.

    HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

    Comment

    • Mike Deigan
      Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 89

      #3
      yes, that worked, thx

      Comment

      Working...