Just recently when I clicked on "Find Relatives" my wife shows up as my 10th cousin - and not as my wife. Her father is now listed as my 9th cousin, etc. Is there any way to prevent this. I'm sure it's because I added relatives far enough back for both of us that a connection was made. It is not "wrong" ... but it is not correct either. What is more annoying is that in order to see her relationship to her aunts/uncles/cousins I have to go back and select "Find Relatives" for her. This can get a little annoying.
Find Relatives - wife is shown as 10th cousin
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Only one person (at a time) in a family file can be a source person for relationships, so yes, you will need to set her as the source person for relationships when you want to see how everyone else in the file are related to her. Note that a quick/easy way to do this is to drag her entry into the Relatives sidebar.I have to go back and select "Find Relatives" for her.
Assuming she is your 10th cousin, this can't be changed. Reunion will favor a blood relationship over a marital one when assigning relationships.Originally posted by Tracy31748 View PostIs there any way to prevent this.
Sorry I don't have better news,Mark Harrison
Leister Productions, Inc.
Comment
Comment