"Not Secure" leisterpro.com and reuniontalk.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Not Secure" leisterpro.com and reuniontalk.com

I've been getting this message using the Chrome browser. "You currently have version 13.0, however Reunion was unable to get version information from the Leister Productions web site. Reason given 'The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "www.leisterpro.com" which could put your confidential information at risk..' It isn't allowing me to check my updates. Is it just me?
    Attached Files

Are you running macOS 10.12 or older?

If so, you're receiving these messages because a Root Certificate on your Mac is out of date.

Basically, for any website that uses encryption (HTTPS), like ours does, there is a "Root Certificate” on your Mac that is used to verify that the certificate provided by our website is valid. The Root Certificate used in this case is out of date on your Mac — Apple didn’t update 10.12 or older to add the up-to-date certificate. You’ll likely notice problems with other websites, e.g. Wikipedia.org will also report "Not Secure".

Apple’s technical support should be able to provide a means of updating the root certificate. You should mention an issue with “Let’s Encrypt certificate” to Apple’s technical support when you contact them.

Note that you can still manually download the latest update to Reunion 13 here.

If you're running macOS 10.13 or newer, please be sure you've installed all available macOS updates.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X