using Find for words with accents ???

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Deigan
    Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 89

    #1

    using Find for words with accents ???

    when I use Find to find names with accents, like Mihály, then results are empty unless I search for the exact word. Is there a way to just use regular non accented words to catch them all ? i.e. can I search Mihaly instead of Mihály ???
  • Mark
    Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 1370

    #2
    Originally posted by Mike Deigan View Post
    i.e. can I search Mihaly instead of Mihály ???
    Yes - this is actually how it's intended to work. When searching either via Find or via the search box at the top of the People sidebar, you should type the non-accented version of the character.

    HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

    Comment

    • Mike Deigan
      Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 89

      #3
      if I search for Mihaly I do not get my G-GF "Mihály (Michael) ?",
      but do get my GF "Mihály (Mike)"

      if I search for Mihály I DO get both

      is the "?" giving it trouble ???

      Comment

      • Mark
        Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 1370

        #4
        Hi Mike,

        My apologies, my previous reply is actually incorrect - I was thinking of searching via the search box in the People sidebar, which does ignore the accents.

        When searching via the new Find feature, you do need to include the accents. Currently, there isn't an option to change that.

        As for why the one Mihály is showing up when searching "Mihaly", there is probably some other bit of information in their entry (e.g. a multimedia file, or something in the notes) that includes the name without the accent.

        Sorry for the confusion!
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

        Comment

        • Mike Deigan
          Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 89

          #5
          give that option a thought ...... thanks

          Comment

          Working...