Opening a family file in two windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening a family file in two windows

I've just spent an hour or so transcribing some facts and events, together with their links to sources, that I once thought referred to one person to a different person to whom I now know they refer. I really wanted to have my family file open in two windows simultaneously so that I could see the person records of both persons side by side so that I could remove each piece of information and enter it in the other person, one piece at a time. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be possible. Although I developed a work-around to complete the task, it would have been so much easier if I could have just opened the file in two windows at the same time as one can do in, for example, Excel. Is this something that others would like to see and is it something that we should encourage Leister to do in future versions of Reunion?

Take a screenshot of the one that won't be altered.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Another possibility... Do you have an iPad with ReunionTouch installed? If your Mac and iPad are both up to date on their OS, you might be able to take advantage of the universal copy and paste feature. It doesn't work with all apps and I don't know if it works with Reunion. Even if that isn't working yet, you would still be able to view the same record side by side.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Warwick, I think that is an excellent idea. I use RootsMagic a lot (before I discovered Reunion) and was always having a split screen open with either two of the same family files open or even two different family files open so I could drag & drop "pieces" from one file to the other. I find that an extremely useful tool. Perhaps a suggestion could be presented to the programmers?

Comment

Working...
        X