Unknown person - Clipboard does not show up in sidebar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown person - Clipboard does not show up in sidebar

How do you get rid of unknown persons? How do you get rid of a child in the wrong family. I want this person gone completely. There has to be an easy way of getting rid of a person. Since I changed from Reunion 8 to 13, I have a bunch of unknown persons listed as a spouse. And these Unknown spouse are listed with people who died when they were 3, 4, 5, etc.

Before doing anything, I recommend making sure you have a recent backup copy of your family file. This can be done manually by opening the family file and choosing File -> Save a Backup Copy. Then, click Save. (If you use Time Machine on a regular basis to back up your computer, that should be sufficient.)

Then, you may proceed with deleting the unknown entries and moving the child from one family view to another.

To delete an unknown person, select (highlight) that person's name in the People sidebar on the right. Then, choose File -> Delete -> Selected Person and click Delete.

To move a child from one family view to another, begin at the family view showing that child as a child under the incorrect parents. Then, drag that child to the Clipboard sidebar on the right (or to the word Clipboard on the left). Then, to the family view where that child should appear as a child and open the Clipboard sidebar on the right. Finally, drag that child into the Children area on that family view and click Add when asked if you want to add that child.

Additional information about deleting people and moving children from one family view to another can be found in your manual by searching for "delete people" and "move child using clipboard," respectively. To access the manual, choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of just about any Reunion window.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X