Relationships in Relatives Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationships in Relatives Chart

Anybody know how or if I can add the relationship of a person in the relatives chart? Seems like this should be a selectable addition to the chart but it isn't. I do have "relatives" turned on for me in my database and it shows in most of the trees, etc. but not the "relatives" chart specifically.

Hi Larry,

After going to Charts / Relative, select Define Layouts... from the Layout menu.

In the drop-down that opens, go to Append to Names in the list of Settings at center, then check Relationship in the list on the right and click Save.

The next Relative chart (and any future ones) you create should then include the relationships.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi Mark,
      Following your instruction for showing relationships in Charts/Relative, I hve set up my define layouts as you listed but relationships does not appear against the names. I have tried on Ancestor and Descendant as well as Relative charts repeating each without success. What exactly should I be seeing; G/f, 3xggg 4x ggm ? I'm missing something here.
      Alan
      19-11-21
      iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Great! Works exactly like you said. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
          I hve set up my define layouts as you listed but relationships does not appear against the names.
          You will need to make sure you've set a source person for relationships, so that relationships are assigned to the people in your file.

To do that, drag the person you want to be the source for relationships (e.g your entry) into the Relatives sidebar.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks Mark - that was the answer. I thought that as I was already the source person it would have automatically used me.

Alan
            iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Working...
            X