Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Find, People sidebar, unrelated person

new R13 user, couple of questions:

a) the online blurb says you can use Advanced Find to determine children born before Parent's Marriage, etc - I've searched in Help and can not find this. I can't figure out how to do this in Advanced Find

b) I have several small "neighbor family" trees saved as separate Reunion files. Eventually I I think I'd like to suck them in, and make them unrelated friends of my Mother, so I could directly navigate those families. This should work ? I do have a question - the formatting of the display in those files is different than my "main" family, will it just display the imported family like my existing set up ???

thx

PS - I found my answer for the People sidebar question I had
    Last edited by Mike Deigan; 01 November 2021, 09:39 AM.

Originally posted by Mike Deigan View Post
    the online blurb says you can use Advanced Find to determine children born before Parent's Marriage, etc - I've searched in Help and can not find this. I can't figure out how to do this in Advanced Find
    Open your family file and click on the Find menu button "v" in the navbar on the left. Then, select "Advanced Find" from the menu that appears...
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 4.24.38 PM.png

Next, click on the People tab at the top and select the following option in the Advanced Find panel: Attributes > Days born before marriage...
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 4.26.41 PM.png

Then, select "More Than" from the next menu and enter "0" (zero) in the empty field to the right...
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 4.26.58 PM.png

Finally, click Find.

If any children in your family file were born before their parents' wedding date, they will be listed in the results listing on the right.

Originally posted by Mike Deigan View Post
    I have several small "neighbor family" trees saved as separate Reunion files. Eventually I I think I'd like to suck them in, and make them unrelated friends of my Mother, so I could directly navigate those families. This should work ? I do have a question - the formatting of the display in those files is different than my "main" family, will it just display the imported family like my existing set up ???
    Yes. That's correct.

I hope you find this information helpful

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you, Deb. Added note. After trying this out, I went to Results in the left column and the popup menu had the title "Days born before marriage." Choosing that produced a list. While I'm sure you knew that, I thought it would be nice to share with Mike and the rest of us.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
      X