No announcement yet.

Unable to Import Citations associated with some Sources- FTM 2019 to Reunion 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Import Citations associated with some Sources- FTM 2019 to Reunion 13

I am attempting to import my family file from Family Tree Maker to Reunion 13. I exported a gedcom file, version 5.5.1. Imported into Reunion as a New Family using UTF-8 character set, and one automatic source (GEDCOM file reference with Source Fields of Title, Date, Submitter). Did not check box to Strip extra commas from place fields, nor any Auto flag/mark. For the Optional Fields, nothing was changed from the Reunion defaults.
    After Importing I have 3000+ people, about 1200 sources and about 13,000 citations. However, when I open some of the Sources and select Show citations to Source #, nothing appears. I have also examined the citation list and sorted by Source Number...some numbers are missing, but for those shown, I can find go back to that source and citation files will appear in the source citation list.
    So, two questions, does creating the one automatic source for import serve any real purpose...or is it creating a problem...not sure I need to do it?
    More important, is it to be expected to have a bunch of sources that have no links to citations??? If that is to be expected, how can it be addressed?
    thank you
Working...
X