problem getting data synced with dropbox- Reunion and Reunion touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem getting data synced with dropbox- Reunion and Reunion touch

I have Reunion 13 on my Mac, seems to work fine, but trying to work with Touch, not working right. If I input a fact on a person on one device, it doesn't show up on the other. I think they are both seeing dropbox but something not right! I have two ipads and two iphones, they all have Touch installed- I only use one at a time, doesn't seem to make a difference. Anyone who can point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Are you a freebee customer or paying customer of Dropbox?
    If Free--there is a 3 device limit. That MIGHT be causing your problem.
    OR..again if free, you may be over your data limit.
    Check both.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

I'm paying for the account, although possibly I had a second free account (that I closed recently) and that could be a factor- I'll check with dropbox.

Comment

You should also check the items outlined in this FAQ. In most cases where syncing isn't working, one of the items in that FAQ is the cause of the problem.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I’m not sure exactly why but seems to be syncing now, thanks for your help !!
          I do have a question, when I open Touch on my iPhone, at the top of the screen it reads “Family files on this device” and below my Family file; then down at the bottom it says (in red) Not connected to Dropbox;
          I assume I should click on “connect to Dropbox”. Would there be some reason not to connect? Maybe if I don’t have an internet connection? If I work on the file, and subsequently connect to Dropbox will the family file automatically update?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwjerry View Post
            I assume I should click on “connect to Dropbox”.
            Yes, you should Connect to Dropbox - not being connected to Dropbox means changes won't sync. You don't want to work on a file in ReunionTouch if ReunionTouch is not connected to Dropbox.

HTH
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

After a complete re-install of the system all Reunion data on my iMac has disappeared, although I'm still able to access all my data on my new iPad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Peter cullman View Post
                After a complete re-install of the system all Reunion data on my iMac has disappeared, although I'm still able to access all my data on my new iPad Pro
                Was the hard drive of your iMac wiped clean? If so, one option is to re-download/re-install Dropbox onto your iMac. Then, log into your Dropbox account and allow Dropbox to sync to your iMac.

A fresh copy of Dropbox can be found here...
                Dropbox helps you create, share, and collaborate on your files, folders, and documents. Learn how to download and install Dropbox.

Alternatively, if a Time Machine backup was done beforehand, another option would be to restore your Dropbox folder and its contents. Your Reunion family file should have been located in that Dropbox folder.

If you need to download a fresh copy of Reunion 13, you may do so from this web page...

Also, if there is an issue in getting up and running in Reunion 13 due to not having access to your license information, you may request it here...

I hope you find this information helpful in getting back up and running in Reunion 13
                Deb Stuller
                Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Followed your valuable advice = wonderful, Deb!!! Thank you so much. Everything seems to be back - I had already feared that I had lost everything...

Comment

Working...
                  X