Relationships/relatives partially working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationships/relatives partially working

I have Reunion 13 with a relationship/relative problem. Yesterday I posted this same question but as a response to another Relationship question which had been solved. Here is the problem again after going through all the R-13 posts dealing with Relationships. None of the solutions provided have worked for me.

Here is my dilemma: One great grandparent couple and their ancestors do not show up as related to me. All of the other relationships are fine. To be fair... I have done the Ancestry/FTM work around by first syncing my Ancestry tree to FTM and then exporting the GEDCOM file from FTM to my computer and then to Reunion to an existing tree. Maybe I made a mistake in merging....
    Thank you for your help!
    Barbara
    Last edited by gv8ar8; 17 October 2021, 04:47 PM.

If recalculating relationships for yourself, described in Post #5 in this thread...

I added the field in the Preferences, but the output is still missing. I restarted the file and still no success. It was there in Reunion 12, but I just realized it was no longer showing. There's obviously something I've not done, but what?

...does not solve the problem, I recommend you send your family file to us. There may be a linking issue in your family file. Information on how to send a family file to us can be found here...

Please include a note along with your family file describing the problem and mentioning the names of the great-grandparents who are not being shown as your relatives.

Thank
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you, Deb. I just tried recalculating myself as the source. Same problem. I also tried using my father and my brother as the sources. Same problem.
      I will attempt to send my family file to you experts according to your instructions
      Thank you!
      Barbara.

Comment

Have you tried rebuilding the cache files? Easy fix for a variety of problems. MIGHT work here unless it is "Operator error"
        rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

I have no idea how to rebuild cache files....but will research. "Operator error" is a given.... but hopefully with remedy. I've been trying to send my "too large" file to Deb and others at tech support...
          Thank you.

Comment

File-->Rebuild Cache Files. Just that easy.
            rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Update: Thank you all! I did send my file to "headquarters" per Deb's instructions. First I had to figure out how to use Dropbox but it worked. Soon thereafter I received my FIXED file back from Mark. Fortunately Mark found the problem to be minor....
              SGilbert, thank you for your instructions to rebuild Cache Files. Will try.
              Reunion has impressive support, indeed!
              Barbara

Comment

Working...
              X