Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't get the Relationships to show up in the Family view.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't get the Relationships to show up in the Family view.

I added the field in the Preferences, but the output is still missing. I restarted the file and still no success. It was there in Reunion 12, but I just realized it was no longer showing. There's obviously something I've not done, but what?

Go to your file, or whomever you want relationships to show for. Left column will have "relatives" Click that. Right column top, click "change" button and choose yourself. DONE!
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Thanks, but that is not the area I'm discussing. I'm talking about the Family View. Since I've added the field in Preferences, I should be seeing the relationship listed under the name, according to the Reunion Instructions. It's not showing this data now and I want to get it to display when I'm working on a family.

Comment

I guess I should have continued. After doing what I said, you become the source. Go back to normal viewing--Family View & People. All other people WILL show their relationship to you (if there is any blood relationship).
        rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Hi Lynda,

Originally posted by LyndaCook View Post
          I'm talking about the Family View. Since I've added the field in Preferences, I should be seeing the relationship listed under the name...
          If you've added the Relationship field to the Family View preferences and no relationship is appearing, it's most likely because no source person has been set for relationships -- a source person needs to be set so that Reunion can calculate the relationships. You can set a source person as SGilbert outlined, or by simply dragging the person you want to be the source for relationships into the Relatives sidebar.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Gilbert, I should apologize, after I replied, I thought about your post and when I checked my name was no longer in the relationship field. Once I fixed that, everything worked as it should. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X