Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My website is not searchable or not indexed

Hi there,
    it slowly dawned on me that my published genealogy is not indexed and so not found by Google. So no one knows it's there. What am I doing wrong?
    The site is: genealogie.delcour.org
    I have published a web project and family sheets.
    Using the search function only results in family names I use on explanatory pages, nothing published with reunion pops up.
    THNX

I don't speak German, so I'm going on what I don't see. That is the Index title in the top row. By any chance, did you leave the "index.json" file behind when uploading the project? Or, if the site was not created as a Reunion web project, ignore my question but get more specific about how the site was created. There is a fair amount of web knowledge among the members of this forum and someone may know the answer.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

The site is in Nederlands (Dutch), and is built using Wordpress. I can confirm that Reunion cards aren't currently found via Google. If I google for "baan site:genealogie.delcour.org" then no results are returned.

You've got a sitemap in your robots.txt file that is only pointing to the Wordpress components of you site. This might be causing your issue.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I've looked into how to use that file, but I don't understand.
        I'm thinking of publishing in a different way so my genealogy can be found.
        This way publishing is useless.
        Weird that Reunion does not take care of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Delcour View Post
          Thanks for your reply. I've looked into how to use that file, but I don't understand.
          The robots.txt file is mainly for telling the "crawlers" that search engines use to index your site what they shouldn't index. Looking at your robots.txt file, it doesn't appear to have any instructions that would keep the genealogy section of your site from being indexed.

Originally posted by Delcour View Post
          Weird that Reunion does not take care of this.
          Reunion can't make Google, or other search engines, index your site. The search engines themselves decide what to index, based on things like being linked to from other websites that have been indexed. I will note that many websites of Reunion users are indexed by Google.

If you want to force Google to index your site, you would need to make use of their Search Console. I do not have any experience with this myself, so can't really provide any help there, but their technical support should be able to assist you.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X