Reunion 12 file not recognized by Reunion 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 12 file not recognized by Reunion 13

Picking up a project that had not been worked on for some time, I tried to open a Reunion 12 file with Reunion 13: it wont recognize the file. Now what??

It would be helpful to know the type of file are you attempting to open. I.e., is it a family file, a chart file, or some other type of file?

Also, do you receive an error message? If so, specifically what does the error message say?

Or, is the file grayed out (i.e., unselectable)?

Please let us know and we'll go from there.

Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

sorry; should have been more specific; family file greyed out

Comment

Originally posted by jrshannahan View Post
        sorry; should have been more specific; family file greyed out
        Okay. Out of curiosity, what is the file name of the file that is grayed out? (Please include the file extension if it is known/seen.)

And, are you still able to open your version 12 family file in Reunion 12? If so, please open it. Then, choose File -> Get Info. Then, let me know what the "File Location" is for that file. (I.e., you will see File Location along the left column of the Family File Information window. Make that window wide enough so you see the entire file location.)
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Jerry Roberts familyfile12 in Documents; no longer have Reunion12

Comment

Please send the "Jerry Roberts.familyfile12" file to me at...
            sales (at) leisterpro (dot) com

An easy way to send a family file to us is to locate the family file in the Finder. Then, drag and drop it onto the Mail icon on your Dock. That attaches a family file to an email. Include a note in the email to remind me of why it is being sent.

I will try to open it in Reunion 12 and convert it so it can be used in Reunion 13. If all goes well, I will return the converted version 13 family file back to you by email.

However, if I end up seeing what you do, I should be able to determine why it is happening and will get back to you with information on how to proceed.
            Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Is the file name exactly as you are showing it in your message? Between Roberts and familyfile12, there must be a period and no spaces. If it is not that way, edit the file name to make it so. Then try the opening. Otherwise, do as Deb requests.
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Solved: it was the blank in the file name; fixed that and reunion13 accepted the file and converted it; MANY THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post

Is the file name exactly as you are showing it in your message? Between Roberts and familyfile12, there must be a period and no spaces. If it is not that way, edit the file name to make it so. ...
                  Great suggestion, Bob!
                  Steve Thomas
                  iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Working...
                  X