Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She isn't my step mother - how can I change the relationship status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She isn't my step mother - how can I change the relationship status?

Greetings, I’m posting here but this issue is also in versions 11 & 12.

My father's first wife is labeled as my Step Mother. I want to find a way to change it b/c it’s not the correct relationship and she had the same surname, no relation. I've searched for a way to manually edit the relationship to no avail. I've recomputed the relationships following Bob White's advice here, cleared and reestablished relationship statuses and even removed their marriage and divorce events & dates yet she still shows as my Step Mother. A search for my dilemma found this post by lmarker with a similar issue.

Can anyone tell me a way to get the relationship status changed to Spouse of Father or removed altogether?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by ravensreunion View Post
    ...Can anyone tell me a way to get the relationship status changed to Spouse of Father or removed altogether?
    It sounds like your fathers marriages could be out of order in the family file. (I.e., the first marriage may have been added after the second marriage?) To check this theory, go to the family view showing your mother and father side-by-side. Then, click on the red person menu button for your father and select Spouses & Children > Edit Spouses. If your father's first marriage is shown under your father's second marriage, drag them into the correct order within that window (or, if they both have marriage dates, click the Sort button in that window). Afterward, if the relationships do not automatically update, have Reunion re-calculate them.

I hope this suggestion is helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

That was it, I hadn't sorted them. Thanks so much for telling me how to fix it so my relationships are correct! I spent way too long trying to figure that problem out.

Reunion 13 has a way to sort marriages for all people. Is there a way to do it in Reunion 11, that's the version I work with?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by ravensreunion View Post
        ...Reunion 13 has a way to sort marriages for all people. Is there a way to do it in Reunion 11, that's the version I work with?
        The ability to sort marriages globally was added in Reunion 13.

Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks. I used the Find/No Spouses/# of Spouses more than 1 to list the people needing possible spouse sorting. That saved some time.
          Last edited by ravensreunion; 23 June 2021, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X