Relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationships

Hi, so I found my g-g-g-grandfather and am now adding his children. I added my g-g-grandfather, but when I add his siblings, i.e. his sister, for some reason Reunion says she is my g-g-g-aunt, and when I add his brother and Reunion says he is my g-g-grandfather, even though in the same window it is already showing my correct g-g-grandfather. What's going on, why is this happening and how do I fix this? Screenshot attached.
    Attached Files
    Researching Allens of Yeovil and Worcester; Grahams of Liverpool; Green of London (Lambeth)

I'm not sure I know all the tricks of Reunion but I suspect you are using the "Default" Family views.

If you go to Reunion preferences > default > Parents

in the fields window below you may have "Relationship" showing.

Click the this entry to highlight it then ; " remove field" at the bottom.

Alan
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Nothing wrong with Alan's advice. However, in situations like this, Step # 1 is recommended to be to recompute relationships to see if that corrects the display problem. It usually does. In other words, go back to your established source person and invoke the Find Relationships command then go back to the screen you display above to see if the relationships have now corrected.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
        I'm not sure I know all the tricks of Reunion but I suspect you are using the "Default" Family views.

If you go to Reunion preferences > default > Parents

in the fields window below you may have "Relationship" showing.

Click the this entry to highlight it then ; " remove field" at the bottom.

Alan
        A belated thank you, Alan!
        Researching Allens of Yeovil and Worcester; Grahams of Liverpool; Green of London (Lambeth)

Comment

Thank you, Bob.

Comment

Working...
          X