Copying source templates from one family file to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying source templates from one family file to another

Over many years I have created a number of customised source templates (e.g. church records, grave makers, etc) in my family file.
    I'm now creating a new family file as I'm doing som research for a friend, and I want to use the same source templates, but it seems that the templates are specific to the family file that I've created them in.
    Is there a way I can simply copy across the source templates from one family file to another?
    Thanks!
    Teresa
    Teresa Collis

ex-Roots, ex-UFT, ex-TMG
    Reunion for Mac 13.0 (build 221018)
    Reunion Touch for iPad 1.0.18
    (macOS Ventura 13.1)

You can drag and drop your templates from one file to another. That is the only way I know to get just your templates. If you want all of your sources you can export all of your current file to another one and just bring over the sources.

Comment

Thanks - I never even thought of that!
      I successfully dragged and dropped a source from one file to another, however when I go into Preferences to look at all the source templates, that new source template is listed, by there are no fields in the template. Is this what you see?
      I was hoping I could copy the actual template across, not just the source itself.....
      Teresa Collis

ex-Roots, ex-UFT, ex-TMG
      (macOS Ventura 13.1)

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa C View Post
        Over many years I have created a number of customised source templates (e.g. church records, grave makers, etc) in my family file.
        I'm now creating a new family file as I'm doing som research for a friend, and I want to use the same source templates, but it seems that the templates are specific to the family file that I've created them in.
        Is there a way I can simply copy across the source templates from one family file to another?
        Thanks!
        Teresa
        You can save an empty copy of your family file - that will contain all the field settings and source template settings in the current file into a new empty file

File menu ------> Export ------> Reunion Family File and choose the options there to achieve that.

Search the manual for "clone" also explains this

Roger
        Roger Moffat
        http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
        http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Wonderful - thanks Roger!
          Teresa Collis

ex-Roots, ex-UFT, ex-TMG
          (macOS Ventura 13.1)