Relationships inside the couple buttons in Family View have disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationships inside the couple buttons in Family View have disappeared

I have the latest version of Reunion 13 and am wondering if one of the resent upgrades has caused my problem.

With preferences, I have set up relationships to be seen in the the couple buttons in family view. These relationships have disappeared but the preferences is still set to show them. See attached.

My source person for relationships is still set as me. I have not changed any preference settings in ages.

How do I get the feature back?

Thank you.

Couple Button.jpg
    Attached Files

It sounds like all you need to do is re-calculate (or re-identify) your relatives.

There are a few ways to do this...

1. Begin at any family view where your name appears (as a child, husband/wife, or parent). Then, drag your name button onto the word "Relatives" in the left column or into the "Relatives" sidebar on the right.

2. Begin at any family view where your name appears (as a child, husband/wife, or parent). Then, Control-click (or right-click) on your name button on the family view and select "Find Relatives" from the menu that appears.

3. Open the "People" sidebar or "List - People" window and Control-click (or right-click) on your name in the listing. Then, select "Find Relatives" from the menu that appears.

Afterward, you will see the relationships of those to whom you are related appear in the couple buttons on the family view.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

BRILLIANT!!!!! It worked. Thank you Deb, very well explained.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawcliffe Bridge View Post
        BRILLIANT!!!!! It worked. Thank you Deb, very well explained.
        Since the app doesn't automatically update Relationships, it is a good idea to get in the habit of using Deb's #3 once or twice a month (unless you have not done any entry).
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
          Since the app doesn't automatically update Relationships...
          Reunion 13 can automatically update relationships, if you have Identify relationships "on-the-fly" enabled -- to see if that's enabled, open the Relatives sidebar and click the Change button at top-right of that sidebar.
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Oops! Forgot about that. A couple years back, there was a thread here about how this on-the-fly option was slowing data entry for people with large files. So, I turned it off and forgot the option existed. Gave me a smile!
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
            X