I'm stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm stuck

When I upgraded my mac os to Big Sur, it would not support Reunion 12. So I upgraded to Reunion 13, and followed all instructions, but I cannot move Reunion 12 into 13. The Reunion 12 in my apps has a circle with a slash over it, indicating it can't be opened. Have I lost everything?
    Rebecca

What you will need to do is convert your Reunion 12 family files, which are separate from the Reunion 12 application (by default, they're in Documents/Reunion Files/, though they could be elsewhere), as outlined in this FAQ.

In short, you use Reunion 13 to open your Reunion 12 family files and convert them to 13. You do not need to open the Reunion 12 application in order to do the conversion, just use 13 to open your Reunion 12 family files.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I've had similar problem to that described above by Rebecca Cook. I think I've downloaded Reunion 13 more than once, dragging the icon as instructed in the procedures, but when trying to open my old Reunion 12 family file in R' 13, I get the same old instruction, saying I need to drag that icon in the window, over to R'13 -- I think I have two copies of Reunion 13 program now!

Comment

I have version 11.2.3 of macOS Big Sur

Comment

No dragging is involved. When Mark says to open with 13, that means to open with 13. In other words, start up 13 then go File > Open then navigate to your 12 file and highlight it and choose Open. The application will walk you through further steps. (Note: My example shows the Dropbox folder since that is where the file is if one is using ReunionTouch. If not, it usually is in the Reunion Files folder.) Happy hunting!

2021-04-17_12-05-29.png
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

How do I add a divorce and a new marriage in Reunion 13? I have the printed book for Reunion 5, but it is no help.

Comment

Originally posted by Gus Marsh View Post
              How do I add a divorce and a new marriage in Reunion 13? I have the printed book for Reunion 5, but it is no help.
              Note the bar above the couple that contains the marriage information. Click on the bar to pop up the edit window. Use the second line to enter data about the divorce.

As for the new marriage, click on the plus sign above the appropriate person... see screenshot.

2021-04-25_16-09-00.png
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
              X