Search citation detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search citation detail

I've been cleaning up my sources and noticed that in some cases I have forgotten to remove values in the citation detail field. Is there a way I can search for sources that contain any value in the citation detail field?

Open the Sources sidebar and click the Tools icon (looks like a hammer) at the bottom of that sidebar, then select Find Citation Detail and in the drop-down that opens set the options:

All citations
    Detail: Is Not [leave the text box blank]

That will give you a list of everyone in the family file that has a citation detail in some field. You can click the "V" that appears at the right of the entries in that Results sidebar to get a drop-down showing what field(s) contain(s) a citation detail. If you click on an entry in that list it will take you directly to the field.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I must be doing something wrong because I do not see the V to the right of the entires in the results sidebar or any dropdown to see a citation detail. All I get are a list of names.

image_1528.png

Comment

Originally posted by eventide View Post
        ...I do not see the V to the right of the entires.../ATTACH]
        It seems I was mistaken, you won't see the "V" I mentioned for these search results.
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Is there a way I can search for sources that contain any value in the citation detail field?
          Try this...
          Click the Find button in the navbar and select Advanced Find.
          Then set up a single-condition search as follows: Citation Detail, Person — Is Not — [leave the field empty]
          That will create a list in the sidebar that will show the person AND have the little pop-up menu button (we call that the Match menu) to navigate directly to the person/field that contains a citation detail.
          Frank Leister
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks Frank. This is helpful. I wish it was a little easier to get through, but maybe this is something you guys can work on for next time.

Comment

Working...
            X