Cause of death pedigree chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cause of death pedigree chart

I have seen people posting "Cause of Death" pedigree charts that they have created in spreadsheet programs and had wondered if there is a way to create such a thing in Reunion. I would like to have the cause of death fact appear in the box with the ancestor name and age at death. If there is a way to make a fact appear in the ancestor's "box" on the chart, I couldn't find it. It could be interesting for religion or other fact as well.

If you go to the Layouts popup menu in the Charts panel and select Define Layouts, there is an option to add Cause of Death to the chart. I've attached two screen shots to show the way.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 10.29.22 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-03-25 at 10.28.54 AM.png
    Last edited by ttl; 25 March 2021, 10:43 AM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Excellent! I knew there had to be a way! I've defined layouts previously- that's what I was looking for! Thanks so much, Tim!

Comment

Hmmm.

I don't see that at all. Is "Cause of Death" something you have added previously?

cod.png

Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Comment

Originally posted by KirkS View Post
          Hmmm.

I don't see that at all. Is "Cause of Death" something you have added previously?
          Most likely you are not seeing "Cause of Death" in the chart layout window because you not making use of the Cause of Death fact field in your family file.

The listing of fields you see in the chart layout window is determined by the fields that are in use in your family file.

So, if you add the Cause of Death field in the Edit Person / Facts tab for someone and add some information into that field, you should be able to add it in the chart layout window.

(To add the Cause of Death field as a Fact in the Edit Person / Facts panel, click on a person's name on their family view. Then, click on the Facts tab. Next, click on Add Fact under the listing of fields. Finally, select Cause of Death and click the Add Fact button.)

I hope you find this information helpful
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
            I hope you find this information helpful
            Exactly as you described, Deb. I now know a lot more about facts
            Thanks,
            Kirk
            Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Comment

Working...
            X