Opening Window Tiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Window Tiny

Hi, Hope someone can help please. When opening up Reunion 12 and 13 on Apple Big Sur, the Reunion window is tiny. I cannot see any default or preference to fix this. I have to scroll through dozens of family files now. I cannot seem to keep the window open as i used to. I have attached a screen shot for reference. Thanks

reunion window.jpg

1. Open Reunion
    2. Resize the Window to the desired size.
    3. Hold down COMMAND and OPTION and drag to Reunion window to a central position on your monitor.
    4. Release the mouse button, then release CMD+OPT buttons
    5. Quit the Reunion app.

The next time you open Reunion, it will remember the window size and location.
    Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Comment

Advice is OK for a regular window but her screenshot is only a dialog window. Usually these are coded with the sizing locked down. Mark or Gregg can verify which is true here.

Point is that if Judy is asking in regard to what she is showing -- the dialog window -- she may not be able to resize. Just saying.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
        Advice is OK for a regular window but her screenshot is only a dialog window. Usually these are coded with the sizing locked down. Mark or Gregg can verify which is true here.

Point is that if Judy is asking in regard to what she is showing -- the dialog window -- she may not be able to resize. Just saying.
        You're correct, Bob. I missed the point of the OP.
        Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Comment

While this window does have a minimum width and height, it can be resized by dragging the bottom-right corner of the window. The size should be remembered.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Yes I can resize it, however, since using Mac OS BigSur the window will not open to the size I last used. It will only reopen to last size if I keep a family file open. Once the family file is closed, it reverts to this tiny window. It is the reason I upgraded to Reunion 13. Clearly there is a bug or something with Big Sur and Reunion. Can anyone help and look at this, it's very annoying???

Comment

Try changing the "Show items as" setting from "Icons" to "List" - you can do this by clicking on the button with the four squares at the top of this window.

I would like to know if this change to show items in a list is retained when you open this window again.

Gregg Witmer

Comment

Thanks Gregg, much appreciated, I tried that, doesn't make any difference. In any event my brain functions better with icon view and it worked before so why should it not function now? Is there a technical bug. It's clearly a compatibility issue with Big sur. Would it be possible for someone to check from Leister please?
                Last edited by judywilkenfeld; 12 February 2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

There is a different solution. Unless I choose File > New Family File, I never see the box displayed in your screenshot. Why? Because, like most genealogy buffs, I do only one single family file. So, unless I do that New command, Reunion always opens to the file. There are many discussions on ReunionTalk regarding the single file concept.

P.S. Gregg is Leister's expert guru/employee/coder....
                  Last edited by Bob White; 13 February 2021, 12:12 PM.
                  Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                  Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                  iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Judy, we have only had one other report of this and it was resolved by updating from OS X 11.1 to 11.2.

Please open your About this Mac window and click the "Software Update..." button.
                    Gregg Witmer

Comment

Working...
                    X