Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing old Reunion versions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Removing old Reunion versions

    When I have upgraded Reunion I have not removed/deleted the old versions (back to 9). How do I do so? Dragging from Applications to trash does not work. Also, where is the best place to store my family file? In the Reunion Files folder in Applications? My tech person says it should be filed in Documents. Thanks.

    #2
    Originally posted by C Nelson View Post
    Dragging from Applications to trash does not work.
    That should work, though you should be sure you're dragging from a Finder window (opened via the icon in your Dock -- looks like a blue smiling face) and not from within Reunion's "Open" window (the one asking you to Select a family file, chart file, or GEDCOM file). If dragging from a Finder window the the Trash doesn't work, then I'd recommend contacting Apple Support as it sounds like there's a problem with your Mac (perhaps some sort of permissions issues) that they'll need to help you resolve.

    Also, where is the best place to store my family file? In the Reunion Files folder in Applications? My tech person says it should be filed in Documents.
    The default location for family files is:

    Documents/Reunion Files/

    Your family files should not be in your Applications folder. However, I should note that if you think they're in your Applications folder because you're opening Reunion 13 from there and see the files listed in the "Open" window that comes up, those files are most likely in the above folder and not actually in your Applications folder.

    HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

    Comment


      #3
      Mark, does the Reunion Files folder have to be at the top level of the Documents Folder? I have mine in ~/Documents/Genealogy/
      Dennis B. Swaney
      Oroville, California People's Republic/Prescott, AZ

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by romad View Post
        Mark, does the Reunion Files folder have to be at the top level of the Documents Folder? I have mine in ~/Documents/Genealogy/
        You can store family files anywhere you'd like, so long as they're somewhere inside your user's Home folder (for permissions reasons). Documents/Reunion Files/ is just the default location.
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks, Mark. Oh, is it OK to have different family files in their own folders in the Reunion Files folder? Currently I just have all family files loose in the RF folder, but I'd like to neaten up the folder.
          Dennis B. Swaney
          Oroville, California People's Republic/Prescott, AZ

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Mark View Post

            You can store family files anywhere you'd like, so long as they're somewhere inside your user's Home folder (for permissions reasons). Documents/Reunion Files/ is just the default location.
            Unless, of course, you have and use ReunionTouch for your iPhone &/or iPad; then the family file(s) need to be in the Dropbox folder, wherever that may be.
            rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by SGilbert View Post

              Unless, of course, you have and use ReunionTouch for your iPhone &/or iPad; then the family file(s) need to be in the Dropbox folder, wherever that may be.
              Hmmm, can an alias be used for that purpose?
              Dennis B. Swaney
              Oroville, California People's Republic/Prescott, AZ

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by romad View Post
                Hmmm, can an alias be used for that purpose?
                The family file needs to be in Dropbox - an alias won't work.
                Mark Harrison
                Leister Productions, Inc.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Reunion Touch and old Reunion files ...

                  I have deleted older v12, v11 files from Dropbox but when using my iPad or iPhone I still get a choice of the older versions. How do I get rid of them?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Patrick Fail View Post
                    Reunion Touch and old Reunion files ...

                    I have deleted older v12, v11 files from Dropbox but when using my iPad or iPhone I still get a choice of the older versions. How do I get rid of them?
                    In ReunionTouch; swipe left on lap of your old items. If not already loaded, click, on the bottom, 'Download Family File from Dropbox'
                    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Excellent - that worked - thanks

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X