Showing age in the family view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing age in the family view

One of my family files shows the age in the family view and the children view, but in the other family file it doesn't - in the family view i get a question mark and the children view I get a blank. For the life of me I cannot find where this is in the preferences - I know I am going to kick myself once someone tells me, but at least I can refer to this post if I ever forget again.

I have 2 screenshots to show what I mean. Actually no I won't

Cheers

Liz

age shows.png

age does not show.png
    Attached Files
    Liz Mac
    New Zealand

Genealogy - where you confuse the dead and irritate the living!!

When you have a death field highlighted In Family View Preferences you'll see a "Show age" check box under "Field Information" to the right. Checking that box will display ages for that field. I don't know why you're getting a question mark.
    Dan Kiefer

Comment

In the example that you provided, the people that do not have an age showing were born more than 110 years ago - Reunion will not attempt to calculate an age for those people.

The "Living age" is set in Date Preferences > Feasibility Checking and the default is 110.
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by dwkiefer View Post
        When you have a death field highlighted In Family View Preferences you'll see a "Show age" check box under "Field Information" to the right. Checking that box will display ages for that field. I don't know why you're getting a question mark.
        Thanks Dan - I did have that display age checked, but Gregg below your response has given me the solution. Thanks for answering.
        Liz Mac
        New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          In the example that you provided, the people that do not have an age showing were born more than 110 years ago - Reunion will not attempt to calculate an age for those people.

The "Living age" is set in Date Preferences > Feasibility Checking and the default is 110.
          Thanks Gregg - who would have thought it was that easy ey? I think I may have seen that before on here but it was so long ago. My living age was somehow set to 1 - I had a faulty tree about a month or so ago, so maybe that was not repaired at the time because I didn't know I had that setting. I have now fixed it and it is good to know why and how. Much appreciated - problem solved!

Liz
          Liz Mac
          New Zealand

Comment

You can also "Show Ages" in the Family View Preferences for eg. a Couple > Inside the Couple Buttons > by adding in the Fields section > Age, and similarly for Parents and Children.

Robyn Fisher
            Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Robyn Fisher View Post
              You can also "Show Ages" in the Family View Preferences for eg. a Couple > Inside the Couple Buttons > by adding in the Fields section > Age, and similarly for Parents and Children.

Robyn Fisher
              Australia
              thanks Robyn - I had that checked but it turned out my living age was incorrect - as noted by Gregg.
              Liz Mac
              New Zealand

Comment

Working...
              X