Tabbing in the birth, death burial window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabbing from the death area to the burial area no longer works, tabbing selects the whole burial line, not the individual boxes.

Tabbing from the death area to the burial area no longer works, tabbing selects the whole burial line, not the individual boxes.
    Gerald,

Can you let us know what Macintosh and what version of macOS you are using.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I'm running Reunion 13.0 (build: 201118 in macOs 10.14.06 on a 2017 iMac

Comment

For me, tabbing doesn't work as expected in the person events window and in the edit source window. I filed a bug report on the latter with support yesterday.

In the edit source window, pressing tab should move the cursor to the end of the text of the next field or select the text of the next field, cycling through the structured source fields, the free-form text field and the source number field. Pressing shift + tab should to the same backwards.

In the person events window, pressing tab should move the cursor to the end of the text of the next field or select the text of the next field. Pressing shift + tab should to the same backwards.

Also, I wish there were a global setting in preferences to disable tab going into the event memo fields. I never use event memos and am constantly tabbing through them to get to the event date and place fields I use.

I had to switch back to using Reunion 12 for the time being. I hope this bug in Reunion 13 can get addressed.

Comment

I am having the same problems, moving the cursor through the "event" process. The burial event will not open up until i click the cursor in that field.

I am also havin problems doing a "search", I enter a surname followed by a comma, Given name and I have to hit the magnifying glass to make the process happen.

Thanks

Jim Townsend, using Reunion 13.00 Build 201118 on a 2018 Mac Mini macOS Big Sur Version 11.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by ARCO100366 View Post
            ...I am also havin problems doing a "search", I enter a surname followed by a comma, Given name and I have to hit the magnifying glass to make the process happen.
            Be sure to check Reunion > Preferences > General; then look in the "List behavior" section and make sure "Update lists as you type in search fields" is checked.
            Frank Leister
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Hi Frank,

I tried your suggestion, as the "Update lists as you type in search fields" was not checked, but I still have to manually click the "death date" field and the "burial" field defaults with a blue line through the "date, "place" and "memo" fields.

Regards

Jim Townsend

Comment

HI Frank,

Forgive me I replied to another post I had made about Reunion 13. Your suggestion on the "Name" search fixed the problem.

Thanks

Jim Townsend

Comment

We released an update to Reunion 13 today that corrects this problem.

To get this update, choose Help > Check for Updates.

Gregg Witmer
                  Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                  X