Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd behaviour following Big Sur installation

I'm using Reunion 13.0 (build 201110).

Today I've installed macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro (see Profile > About for more specs if relevant).

I don't know whether this would be a Reunion thing, or a MacOS thing, but I've noticed a couple of odd behaviours when using Reunion, such as:

* Flags that were marked becoming unmarked.
    * Flags that I'm sure were marked for a female had ended up marked for the male.
    * Death & burial fields displaying no data, then I click on the person record to navigate to edit mode, then see the data that has been previously input to those fields.
    * Navigating from one Person 1 to Person 2 then seems to display data of Person 1 in the Person 2 record. I quit Reunion then relaunch, and things are back to how they should be. What the?

I'm throwing it up here in case others have seen similar behaviour following a Big Sur installation. Weird stuff happening.

I've run Rebuild Cache Files in case that's a thing, but same odd stuff continuing afterwards.
    Last edited by Steven; 14 November 2020, 04:26 AM.

Hi Steven,

Do you have a Smart List in your Family View?

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I upgraded to Reunion13 yesterday, and installed macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 this morning.

The one odd bit of behaviour I've noticed is that Reunion no longer displays the Quickview buttons in the side bar, eg., when listing people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Do you have a Smart List in your Family View?
        Yes Mark. Smart Lists is my default Family View.

Comment

Just noticed in my opening post ... I used a bulleted list. It doesn't display as a bulleted list though. No biggy, but in case it's supposed to be showing as a bulleted list.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
            Yes Mark. Smart Lists is my default Family View.
            Ok, that seems to be the cause of the oddities you're seeing. Having a Smart List in the Family View can cause some fields not to update properly when navigating between entries. Note that this doesn't impact the actual data in your file, it's just a glitch in the display.

We're looking into this issue, as well as the Quickview icon issue that Steve posted.

On that note, I'd like to take this opportunity to ask that any further Big Sur issues be reported directly to us via the help@leisterpro.com address.

Thanks,
            Mark Harrison

Comment

We just released an updated build of Reunion 13 that addresses a few minor cosmetic issues related to Big Sur. This update will most likely correct the problems described in the original message.

To install this update, choose Help > Check for Updates from Reunion's main menubar and click "Update Now."
              Gregg Witmer

Comment

So far so good.

Thanks again for the prompt attention, guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  We just released an updated build of Reunion 13 that addresses a few minor cosmetic issues related to Big Sur. This update will most likely correct the problems described in the original message.

To install this update, choose Help > Check for Updates from Reunion's main menubar and click "Update Now."
                  Gregg, this is build 201114 and only fixes Big Sur problems so I can skip it since I can't go past High Sierra on my iMac, correct?
                  Dennis B. Swaney
                  Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Comment

...can skip it since I can't go past High Sierra on my iMac...
                    We recommend getting every update because there are some minor changes/improvements that apply to all versions of macOS (not just Big Sur).
                    Gregg Witmer

Comment

Working...
                    X