Beeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beeps

Since upgrading to R13, I've been getting beeped at frequently, while working in Reunion, and seemingly from Reunion.

Reluctant to interrupt my chain of thought to diagnose the exact conditions, etc., and consulting Help did not help.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
    MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
    MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

As far as I know, nothing in Reunion 'beeps' at you. Look elsewhere on your Mac.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Since about High Sierra, system error messages do not pop to the front like they used to but usually make a sound. Have you tried hiding Reunion to see if there is a message for you on the desktop? Personally, I find it very aggravating that such messages do not pop to the front.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

This morning Reunion beeped exactly when I used Cmd-shift-P to switch from the Places sidebar to the People sidebar. There was a surname already populating the People sidebar search field, but there were also several matching names in the list.

I use (used) Cmd-shift-options frequently to change the sidebar. Is that now illegal?

Comment

I use (used) Cmd-shift-options frequently to change the sidebar. Is that now illegal?
          Nothing illegal.
          But I did find a beep happening in the scenario you described: using Shift-Command-P to return to the People sidebar from some, but not all, sidebars -- when there is text in the search box at the top.
          We should be able to address that quirk in the next maintenance update.
          Frank Leister
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Yes, it happened again switching to the sources sidebar with Cmd-Shift-S, but there was no text in the search box. And again switching back to the People sidebar, this time without text in the search field.

At least I'm sure I'm not crazy! Well, almost sure.
            Last edited by Paul Reitz; 06 November 2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I got "beeped" (more like a bonk) this morning when I got the drop down menu to either add a new parent for someone or add an existing couple (the latter was the option I wanted). I got the sound both times I tried. I was able to drag the father to the right spot just fine. Judy
              2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

Comment

I have also noticed, for the past few weeks, when in Reunion, if I accidently touch 2 keys simultaneously I get an"bong" sound
                iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Working...
                X