duplicate files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duplicate files

Not a sure what to make of this. I recently ran a multimedia usage report and it shows about 36 duplicate images or pdfs. In each case the image is the same image, in the same location on my hard drive so I don't understand why Reunion is considering it a duplicate. It's not like I am showing the same 2 files in the multimedia window. In the cases below the 1st image is in the multimedia window and the "duplicate" is in the source citation. I do this all the time so I don't know whats different about the 36 images.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 6.21.11 PM.png

Is it possible that you have a "Genealogy" folder and a "genealogy" folder on your Desktop? The only difference being the uppercase first letter.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

That would seem to make sense - but I don't. I even ran a search on the image to see if there are 2 on my mac. But thats not the case either.

Comment

Today I tried to do a few things in an attempt to clean it up.
        1) Rebuild thumbnails. Got a message saying that it couldn't rebuild all the thumbnails because it couldn't find
        2) Repair multimedia links - got a message saying "No repair necessary"

so I don't know whats going on.

Comment

Maybe what happened is that you had "genealogy" folder on your Desktop and then later made the first letter of this folder name uppercase.

Reunion has not lost track of these files (which is a good thing) but they are appearing as duplicates in the multimedia usage report.
          Gregg Witmer
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Could be. Thankfully there were only a few. I went in manually and changed the url on the ones that had the lower case 'g'. I'll have to keep my eye on it.

Comment

Working...
            X