Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option of Hiding age (D.O.B.) of living people in Family Tree charts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option of Hiding age (D.O.B.) of living people in Family Tree charts ?

Hiya, please advise.

Some relations have said they don't like their ages/date of birth being seen when sharing family tree charts among cousins.

Is there a way to hide the age/DOB info, for "living persons", from "family tree chart" copies/printouts ?

For example, the same way you can deselect (hide) ages in "Reports" section via "Layout" box ?

Sláinte,

Paddy

Unless you're going to start a 'doozie' of a fight, I'd explain (as I do with some of my relations that have a gripe) that the facts are the facts. That you do not make up information.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

You can, in fact, do what you wish. In the Charts panel, check the "Use Privacy Filtering" box. Make sure you have your desired Privacy criteria set in Reunion Preferences.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thank you ttl but that seems to work only for "Charts" or within Charts panel ? I checked "Use Privacy Filtering" but family tree charts (in Tree View) still includes d.o.b.'s in printout ?

Comment

Tree View is a separate function from charts. I'm not aware of a way to add privacy to the Tree View--it would be a bit like adding privacy to the Family View.

You can save a Chart as a PDF to share by selecting File>Save as Graphic File from the main menu at the top of the screen after you have created a chart or opened a previously saved one.
          Tim Lundin
          Heartland Family Graphics
          http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thanks again ttl but I'd prefer to hold out and see if there is "definitely" no way of hiding ages/dob's for living persons in the "Tree View" family charts.

There is a big difference between look/quality of tree view family charts and the "chart reports". (e.g. chart "relative" report in "hourglass" layout)

My present method of sharing family tree charts are in photo format (i.e. not .pdf) which I then post & share on a private Facebook group page I have only for cousins. Then cousins from all over the world can then help review/update info if necessary. Most of the time, where dates concerned, by PM :-) As my tree's go down to present day families, this is sometimes where the "sensitivities" may kick in :-)

Anyway, I'm just hoping that someone from LeisterPro may be on here and confirm 100% that this option is not possible.

Comment

Tim is correct, the Tree View does not make use of the privacy filter,
              Gregg Witmer
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thank you Gregg for confirmation. Maybe one for the Suggestion Box of next upgrade. Stay safe

Comment

Working...
                X